Donald Trump’s wife Melania has stepped into the spotlight after keeping a fairly low profile for the past few months, delivering a series of speeches to GOP faithful in the closing days of the fractious 2016 presidential campaign.
However, her return to the frontline was far from smooth – her first speech last week was met with howls of derision after she said that if she were to become first lady, she would use her position to end online abuse.
Lady Gaga “joined a chorus” of critics who declared the Republican presidential candidate’s wife a hypocrite, CNN says.
The Born This Way singer wrote on Twitter: “.@MELANIATRUMP to say u will stand for ‘anti-bullying’ is hypocrisy. Your husband is 1 of the most notorious bullies we have ever witnessed.”
So, with Melania still somewhat of a mystery to the US and the world, here are 12 things you might not know about the woman who could be America’s next first lady.
- Melania is Donald’s third wife
- The Clintons went to her wedding
- She grew up in communist Yugoslavia and speaks five languages
- She thinks people should be nicer to one another
- She has a secret half-brother
- She would be the only first lady to have posed nude
- She is the least popular presidential candidate spouse since Hillary
- She supports her husband’s hardline stance on immigration
- But she does wish Donald would ‘act more presidential’
- She is raising her son as ‘Little Donald’
- She was the subject of a creepy call with Howard Stern
- She could be the next Jackie Kennedy